Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Recent Phishing Attempts

Over the last few weeks I have received "phishing" emails disguised as official email from each of the following organizations, listed in order of likelyhood of success.

PayPal/eBay - They are the same company now, so I will lump them together. I do actually have accounts with both services. I have not been taken in by these phishing emails, but at least there is some non-zero chance that it could happen.

CitiBank - A good shot. A lot of people have CitiBank accounts. I am not one of them.

Fifth Third Bank - Here on the west coast you are probably lucky if somebody has even heard of this bank. I used to work with banking related software packages, so I have heard of them, but the name still screams "Phishing!"

Volksbanken Raiffeisenbanken AG - What were they thinking sending this to US addresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment