Saturday, January 20, 2007

Oh My Darling...

This morning my daughter, age 5, was walking around the house singing "Clementine." You know the song, "Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Clemetine...."

I was a bit surprised to hear this. I have been known to sing this song, but I usually do not get very far before the natives get restless and I have to stop.

So I asked her where she learned this.

"Oh, Cartoon Network," she answered.

"Quickdraw McGraw?" I asked.

She gave me a look then wanted to know how I knew this.

I explained that Quickdraw McGraw was a cartoon from when I was growing up.

She thought about this for a moment and then replied, "Oh, no, this was in color."

The generation gap widens just a little more. I am going to keep playing Spike Jones for in the car until she thinks I pre-date that.

No comments:

Post a Comment